The upcoming IEEE Virtual Reality 2015 (March 23-27, 2015) in Arles, Camargue – Provence – France calls for long and short papers.
IEEE VR 2015 seeks original, high-quality papers in all areas related to virtual reality, including augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and 3D user interfaces.
- Immersive gaming
- 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
- VR systems and toolkits
- Augmented and mixed reality
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- Serious games
- Tracking and sensing
- Modeling and simulation
- User studies and evaluation
- Perception, presence, and cognition
- 3D selection and 3D manipulation
- Locomotion and navigation in virtual environments
- Applications of VR/AR/MR
- Teleoperation and telepresence
Deadlines & Dates:
- Long & Short Paper abstracts due (REQUIRED): September 5, 2014
- Long & Short Paper submissions due: September 12, 2014
- Notification of results of first review cycle: November 4, 2014
- Revised paper submission due for second review cycle (REQUIRED FOR LONG PAPERS): December 5, 2014
At the developer conference Google I/O, attendees received a construction set for a low budget virtual reality goggle that runs with Andriod smartphones (Android 4.2 or above).
The cardboard project had been initated by David Coz and Damien Henry at the Google Cultural Institute in Paris.
Andreas Vesalius, celebrating his 500th birthday in 2014 would definetively like the art works created by ffoart.
The 9th edition of the Workshop on Augmented Environments for Computer-Assisted Interventions (AE-CAI), a satelite event of MICCAI 2014 conference, will take place in Boston, MA USA on Sun, Sept. 14th, 2014.
The workshop will cover the topics
- Augmented Reality and Visualization
- Computer Assisted Intervention, Interventional Imaging
- Image-guided Robotics, Image-guided Intervention
- Surgical Planning and Simulation
- Systematic Extra- and Intra-corporeal Imaging Modalities
- General Biological and Neuroscience Image Computing
- Patient Specific Modeling and Medical Image Understanding
This year the keynote speakers Guang-Zhong Yang, Ph.D – Director & Co-founder, Hamlyn Center for Robotic Surgery, Imperial College London, London UK and Craig Peters, MD –Chief of Surgical Technology and Translation Children’s National Medical Center, Washington DC USA will give insights into their activities.
For additional information visit the website of the event.